Applies to: AEOI
|Warning: Please be aware that there might be small differences between your project implementation and the screenshots and information in this article, however, the overall functionality remains the same.|
This article describes in detail the first-time login and the creation of secondary users in Vizor Portal.
By the end of this module, you will be able to
Describe the initial login procedure for Vizor Portal Users
Describe the contents of the email sent on user creation
Create a secondary user in Vizor Portal
On approval of the Enrolment Form, the Primary User for the FI is created and they are sent an ‘account activation’ email.
The purpose of the ‘account activation’ email is to:
- Inform the new user that they have been created on the system
- Provide them with a link to the login screen
- Let them know that they should use their email address to login
- Provide them with a temporary password.
Login details are sent by email and include the following information for an new internal user …
- Login address
- Username (email address)
- Temporary password which must be changed at first logon
First Time Login
Paste or type in your temporary password from your email when logging in for the first time
You are forced to change your password which requires the user to type or paste in their temporary password and then supply a new password of their choosing following the password rules.
Contact details can be changed on a first time login as required or by selecting Manage Users > View/Edit Users from the main menu.
On entering their email address and their temporary password, they are directed to a ‘Change
Password’ screen, where they are forced to create a password of their own choosing. Password strength rules are enforced that ensure that the new password:
- Has at least one lower case letter
- Has at least one upper case letter
- Has at least one numerical character
- Has at least one special character (e.g. !”£$%^&*)
Following successfully setting their password, the user arrives at the ‘Home’ screen. In future when logging in, the user will use their new password, and skip the ‘change password’ screen.
Contact details can be changed on a first time login as required or select Main Menu > System Administration > Manage Internal Users > View/Edit User from the main menu.
Name and FI are clearly indicated on logon
Who can use this functionality?
Vizor FATCA & AEOI Portal users that are assigned the role “FI - Primary User” will be able to carry out the above tasks.
Creating Secondary Users in Vizor Portal
Any number of secondary users can be created by selecting Manage User > Create User from the main menu.
The only difference is the primary (usually, the first user account created for an FI) must be created in Supervision Centre by selecting Manage Users > Create Internal User from the main menu.
Fill in the first name, surname, email address for this new user.
The telephone number is optional.
The RE-Secondary User permission (aka role) should also be selected
User Details are editable at any time including activation status by clicking on Menu - Manage Users - View/Edit User
Procedure to replace User’s forgotten password
A User must follow the following steps in order to replace the forgotten password:
1. User clicks the forgotten password link on the log in page.
2. User enters the screen capture.
3. User enters their email address.
4. User receives an email on the email address which was inserted (if registered on the Portal).
5. Users should check their SPAM folder after 10 minutes if no email is received.
6. User must click on the hyperlink within the email, within 20 minutes of the time received.
7. If the hyperlink is not clicked on within 20 minutes, User will see a timed-out message and will need to go back to step 1.
8. User is taken to the AEOI Portal and asked to insert a new password, and then confirm that new password.
9. User will receive an email confirming the change of password.
10. User must then go to the log in page to insert the new password.
Last review date: 28th September 2021
Author: Alan Joyce
Warning: When working with Vizor Builder or any aspect of Vizor Software configuration including individual configuration files, please note that significant problems can occur when performing modifications or additions to existing configuration incorrectly. it is highly recommended that a backup of any project or related file is readily available when making any configuration adjustments. In addition, any modifications made to configuration or project files should be carefully tested before being deployed to any live environment. In addition, changes to projects or configuration files should be made by trained and certified personnel in the use of Vizor Software. If further advice is needed on making any configuration changes involving Vizor Software, a customer support representative should be consulted.